Friday, October 19, 2012

Greetings

I have been reading several parent blogs, and I figured they were far better at chronicling the typical antics of youth than I could ever be. However, now that my brood has increased to three (the number it will remain at, according to both parents on this merry-go-round of life), I realize that the entertaining statuses I post to my social media could be utilized to create an entertaining blog.
Also, of course, since Daddy doesn't get to enjoy nearly as many of these entertaining moments as I do, it will be beneficial to transcribe them for him.
Our canine and feline companions number four females to two males, and with three human females to the two males, estrogen definitely has the top rung here. This may or may not lead to surprises in the chronicles. I find thus far that we act rather predictably.
Let me introduce you to my personal cast of spellbinding superheroes. While I do not know what I would do without them, there are days I can give you a list of what I WOULD do for a short breather. =)

Our Dancing Butterfly (aka D.B.) - Our oldest, the one closest to being a cloned miniature of myself. She has little to no grace and is breathtakingly oblivious to this - breathtaking in the sense that I gasp at any real or imagined potential crisis, and I have the opportunity daily to lose my breath several times. She has the sarcasm and wit to rival a teenager and can definitely out-think me.

Luckily, she is also the best big sister ever to grace the earth. She sings to The DIVA when she's fussing and fighting sleep, reassures Destructo regarding both real and overly faked bouts of fear and helps with anything she gets away with - including diaper changes, clothing retrieval and shoe scavenger hunts. She has developed the exaggerated sigh of a teenager forced to retrieve or assist a parent, but she doesn't really understand what goes along with that. Following the sigh, she bounds out of the room to whatever errand I have sent her on.

Destructo - Our middle child, who happens to be the only male of our three. He, like his father, is in the minority in our household. He seems to use the position to his advantage, however, as he capitalizes on more than either sister thus far. He ended up the blond, curly haired one of the mob, which is funny since that requires both he and his father to keep their locks closely cropped. He has an engaging smile and an intelligence well beyond his years. This will be Karma's way of biting me repeatedly throughout the years, I have a feeling. 

The DIVA - Our youngest, who only graced us with her presence early this year. She already has Daddy and grandparents wrapped around her tiny fingers (and her long, monkey toes). She is growing far too fast and learning quickly. She wants to be with her siblings and into as much trouble as them already. With that as her goal, she has developed the ability to scoot backwards across the floor. She loves all of our animals and thoroughly enjoys sharing nap time or her play mat or blanket with any furry creature silly enough to come close (which is most of them). 

Happy Reading. I hope the entertaining moments retain their pure shock factor when processed into a written version.

No comments:

Post a Comment